If Reese Witherspoon’s character in Legally Blonde had a blog, I’m sure she would write about pink stationery, saving Chihuahuas from cosmetic testing and how to pinkify the legal profession. In other words, all the silly but equally important things in life.
So, in the name of Elle Woods, I’m taking a look back at all the blonde moments that have happened to me in the past 2 weeks and the ever so important life lessons I have learnt from them.
Highlights from my blonde week (Blonder than the highlights on Reese Witherspoon’s hair.)
- Got locked in the toilet at work,
- dropped my lunch into a huge puddle of muddy water,
- drove home with a loose bumper that was making loud screeching noises all the way home,
- mistook screeching noise for dried mud stuck to tyres,
- drew all sorts of unwanted stares from other motorists including a cop.
Life lessons I learnt from my illegally blonde moments:
1. How to escape from a locked toilet:
Be on the standby for anyone coming in.
When you hear someone washing their hands, gently knock on the door to let them know you’re stuck.
Make sure you ask for their assistance only after they have gone to the toilet. Chances are if they haven’t, they’re too busting to want to help.
2. How to save your lunch from a puddle of muddy water.
Get to the car park 10 minutes earlier so that you don’t have to park in the muddy spot nobody wants.
3. How to recognise the sound of a loose bumper.
Screeeeeech. Scrreeeeeeeeeeeech. (Definitely not the sound of dried mud.) At least now I know how to pump a flat tyre.
To quote the words of my ex-colleagues: “Sometimes you’re just so blonde.”